Sunday, April 1, 2012

The April Comeback

Hello! April Fool's seems like a good day to return to this blog with some sort of update for my handful of, no doubt dedicated, readers! Even though it's April 1st, I don't really have a prank hidden anywhere here, unless of course you consider me not posting for nearly 2 months a practical joke. 
In which case: Ha ha! April Fool's!

On with the schedule, but first let's get the pleasantries out of the way: what have you been up to? How's life treating you? Good? Ok! Since my last post I kept relatively busy doing some odd jobs around the internet and I'm now on the lookout for a fulltime job or a few more of the odd ones. That's all fine and dandy but not interesting at all! Let's instead put the crap I did into some categories here.

READ:
A lot of books but not really a lot of comics. The ones I read and enjoyed the most though, were two great Batman mini series by Matt Wagner: "Batman and the Monster Men" and "Batman and the Mad Monk" and if YOU didn't read them, but like good things, than I highly recommend those. Just look at those beautiful covers! Both the art and writing were top notch and Wagner remains one of my favorite people to ever work on Batman.

Read this and the other one and thank me later.

WATCHED:
I watched a lot of things but let's focus on the one I saw in the cinema, namely the one I saw most recently... So I went to see the "John Carter" movie. While that wasn't my idea (I was dragged there by my girlfriend who insisted on seeing it for the various creatures, especially the one shown below) I kind of liked the movie for the pure, dumb, pulpy fun of it. It was definitely watchable and the visuals reminded me a lot of Star Wars, and there's nothing wrong with that!

Apparently the main draw of this movie.

WENT TO:
Berlin! For 4 days. We caught a great Mayer Hawthorne show there (photo not included here, but I'm real visible on the one on his site - spot me and get a no-prize), and while that was reason no. 1 for going, we also had some other fun. This trip marked my return to the Berlin Zoo after 15 years or so, and I enjoyed that as well (though not as much as I did in my early teens, but that should go without saying). I won't even mention the amounts of wursts and currywursts and brotwursts that I ate there cause there was enough of them to make you sick even thinking about it. They sure were tasty, though and some were sold by men wearing wurst-making jetpack/backpack things. Good job, Germans!

 What's the wurst that could happen? (I'm so sorry for this joke)

LOOKING FORWARD TO:
I'm really really looking forward to tomorrow, cause that's when I'll get to see the premiere episode of Game of Thrones season 2! Woohoo! I seriously can't wait for this and have some high hopes. If it inspires me in any way I might do a write up of it here later on. Since I'll be seeing it a day after the US viewers, please don't spoil the episode for me (I did read all the books, but still...no spoilers!).

War is coming. Thank God!


And that's all for today! See ya next time!

This picture has nothing to do with anything, but I figured I'd cash in on the pre-Avengers movie hype somehow. 
You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment